PRESIDING DEITY AND LOCATION :
Sri Navlakha Parshvanath Bhagwan in white color, seated in a lotus posture located in a shrine in the village of Pali on Navlakha Road. The shrine is also called Navlakha Temple (Shve).
ANTIQUITY AND SALIENT FEATURES :
The ancient name of this place are Pallika and Palli. It is known from the history of Sanderao Teerth that in Vikram year 969, on the occasion of ceremonial consecration of the temple there, after renovations, the most erudite scholar Acharya Sri Yashobhadrasurishvarji had by his yogic powers commandeered required quantity of ghee from this place. Pali, about this fact which even the trader of ghee at Pali did not know. When the Jain householder families of Sanderao came to Pali to make the payment, the trader of Pali refused to accept the amount saying he had not sold ghee to anybody. Realising that ghee in fact had gone to Sanderao from him, he became extremely glad that it was used for noble and religious purposes and decided to use the rupees equivalent of Ghee used for building the present temple, which is called Navlakha temple. There is a reference available stating that its renovations were carried out in Vikram year 1144. In several of the idols in the temple are inscriptions found of Vikram year 1144, 1178 and 1201 stating that the presiding deity there was Sri Mahavir Bhagwan. At the time of repairs and renovations in Vikram year 1686 , it is stated that in place of the idol of Sri Mahavir Bhagwan , the present idol of Sri Parshvanath Bhagwan was installed and ceremonially consecrated. On the idol itself there is found an inscription dated Vikram year 1686.
Paliwal Gachchha was founded here. The name Paliwal Oswal came after this village. In Vikram year 969, SriYashobhadrasurishvarji, Acharya of Sanderak Gachchha was honored with the title of Acharya at this very place which then was highly prosperous and affluent. The Jain householders of this place have done many deeds for the glorification of Jain religion which even today remind one of their great devotion and attachment. “Dhvaja” is hoisted annually on Vaishakh Sukla 3. Besides this temple, there are 10 other temples and 4 Dadawadis in the village. Outside this village limits on a hill called “Poonagiri” there exists a temple of Sri Parshvanath Bhagwan which is well known as “Bhakari Mandir”.
APPROACH – ROUTE :
This shrine is on Jodhpur-Ajmer road and is 70 Kms from Jodhpur. From the temple, the railway station of Pali is 3 Kms away where autos and taxis are available. The public bus stand is half a km away. There is a tar road upto the temple. Buses, cars can go upto the temple.
AMENITIES FOR JAIN PILGRIMS :
For lodging there is a dharamshala here with all facilities and a bhojanshala for meals is also available.
MANAGED BY :
Sri Navalchand Suvratchand Jain Pedhi, Gujarati Katla
P.O. Pali – 306 401
Dist : Pali, Rajasthan
Tel : 02932 – 21747 (Main Office)
02932 – 21929 (Temple